Friday, September 28, 2012

DELTA Statistics

I really want to write about my new Android applications that collects statistics for my DELTA research project at the USF. It is my first serious experience with Android (before I worked more with JNI and native code) and especially with Beta testing. What I want to do is to cover some Android features that I used and also to talk about my application's design.

So, that what comes to mind:
  1. Alarms in Android (how to schedule alarms and do something when you receive them).
  2. Background services and WakeLocks.
  3. Alerts in Android.
  4. Text file handling (saving, etc.).
  5. Sending data with HTTP post request.
  6. Custom notifications.
  7. How to catch when device goes asleep (doesn't look very big but I am really exited about this because I did not find any information on in).
I think I will just divide everything in 8 posts (don't know how I will write all this...): these seven above and one about general design ideas I had in mind when I wrote the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment