Saturday, February 2, 2013

Download Terminates Because of Unknown Network Error

Recently happened with me: all my downloads (I tried Chrome and Mozilla) terminate after a while because of unknown network error. Pretty irritating, isn't it? After several hours I found the problem which was my anti-virus. I use ESET Smart Security and it does port checking by default. Disabling this option (Advanced Setup -> Web and Email -> Web access and antiphishing protection -> HTTP, HTTPS -> Uncheck Enable HTTP checking) permanently solved my problem with downloads.

I doubt that it is a good idea to disable it permanently. So, I turn it off every time I need to download something larger than 10 MB.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, had the same problem for a while with Google Chrome and Firefox when downloading...simplest way I got things to work was by going to Chrome settings (advanced) and then "change proxy settings"...This brought me to "Network settings" where at "connections", I created a added a new broadband connection with my wifi SSID and password...have no issues downloading since....

    ReplyDelete